Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A Memory as a Kid: Stegosaurus vs. Tyrannosaurus Rex


Some Readers here may know that Stegosaurus is my favorite dinosaur. I believe it traces back to one of my earliest memories of dinosaurs, watching Fantasia on our old black & white TV. That led to countless books being read and re-read, staring at the pictures and imagining, and hours upon hours playing with plastic dinosaurs in the back yard. I'd set up scenes in the grass and gardens, putting the various herbivores in herds and in the blue bricks that represented water, and the carnivores stalking out of the deep grass and flowers and weeds.

Watching Fantasia, I remember rooting for the stegosaurus, over matched and fated to lose. Being 4 or 5 years old, I have a vague memory of that time, thinking how brave the stegosaurus was, turning to fight the scary enemy.

Hope this little clip brings back memories:



No comments:

Post a Comment