Friday, December 12, 2014

Gas Prices in West Central Ohio

Price December 11, 2014
`
Last night I filled up my truck. I didn't mind the gas price. In truth, I didn't expect to see gas prices this low again. I thought maybe $2.50 to $2.75 per gallon...someday.

What this means is that without state and federal gas taxes, it's well below $2.00 a gallon.

Why? From what I read, there's a variety of reasons, from slow economies around the globe and low demand, to larger/excess production, including from the USA, and that OPEC hasn't cut it's production. Too many factors to be sure, and the effects will be many--mostly positive, except for those associated with bringing oil from beneath the ground or ocean.

I can say that it will save me a little over a dollar a day in getting to and from work, as compared to last year. I keep track of the price, jotting it down each time I fill up along with other information such as the date, distance traveled since last fill up, and how many gallons it took to fill the tank.

More money in my pocket is good for me and my family, and good for other aspects of the economy. :)

2 comments:

  1. This morning on the way to work it'd already dropped at the same station to $2.27.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price was $2.25 on the way home. Odd to see the prices fall going into the weekend. I'm all for seeing that trend bucked.

    ReplyDelete