Sunday, January 20, 2013

Kathy's Firefly Browncoat


Kathy in her Browncoat
 `
For her birthday, I commissioned to have a Browncoat made for my wife. One of my crit partners with Elysian Fields creates/sews outfits and costumes for various historical periods. When I contacted Anita about the possibility of taking on the project, she looked into it and said she could do it.

After studying pictures and video sequences were Mal is wearing his Browncoat, Anita was able to get the design into a pattern. All I had to do was send the required measurements.

The leather's color isn't a 100% on match, and the clasps are not the same as those on Mal's coat, but everything else is right on target.

My wife really enjoys wearing it and I think she looks pretty sharp in it too (shiny). One of her friends who is a fan of the Firefly series said Kathy needs to get a set of suspenders next.

Browncoat Rear View

If you have an interest in getting a Browncoat made, contact me via my website (HERE) and I'll put you in touch with Anita.
`

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Potentially might be a good gift to consider, Dean :)

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! She must love it! (This is the third time I've tried to comment on this post. Blogger doesn't like me for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, she does love it. And thanks for being persistent. Sometimes Blogger gives me bits of fits too.

      Delete