Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sales Analysis of Flank Hawk

Sales of Flank Hawk up through June 2010 break down the following way:

Sales through Bookstores and Barnes & Noble Online: 34%
Overseas (Outside the USA) Sales: 1%
Sales through Amazon.com: 56%
Sales through Amazon Kindle: 7%
Sales through Smashwords.com/Barnes & Noble Ebooks: 2%

The information is based on my royalty statement to date. While it's difficult to break out further, I would guess that 15-20% of Flank Hawk's sales have been through bookstores, which I think is pretty cool. Okay, any sale means someone who's decided to give Flank Hawk a chance/read. Always cool!

Another observation is that about 10% of sales have been ebooks, although it appears that sales via the Kindle over the quarterly statements has been slowly but steadily increasing.

If you're interested in obtaining a copy of Flank Hawk, visit the following pages:
*Where Flank Hawk is Available
*Obtaining Signed Copies of Flank Hawk
.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great numbers. Congrats! (Except now I'm wanting a signed copy. Actually our copy is getting a little hammered. It's making it's way through the family. Maybe I will buy a signed copy soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The numbers look great. I would expect Amazon category to the be highest. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, thank you for sharing your copy of Flank Hawk with the rest of your family! Just let me know if/when you want a signed copy.

    Sandy Daley, I thought it was kind of interesting the sales breakdown, so I figured others who visit my blog would as well. I guess it's a lot more balanced than I expected. I thought Amazon.com would totally dominate.

    ReplyDelete